Let us Ease Your Pain
Pain Management Specialists
At Tallahassee Orthopedic Clinic, we understand how debilitating chronic pain can be. Our goal is to decrease your pain, so you can get back to doing the things you enjoy. Our team of board-certified pain management specialists is committed to relieving your pain through minimally-invasive interventional treatments.
What are the Pain Management Conditions that can be Treated?
The pain management specialists at TOC are experts at diagnosing, treating and alleviating neck and back pain, and associated pain in the shoulders, arms, hips, legs as well as neuropathic pain.
- Chronic neck and back pain
- Disc herniations
- Spinal Stenosis
- Nerve compression
- Pain from failed back surgery
- Complex regional pain syndromes (reflex sympathetic dystrophy, or RSD)
- Disorders of the nervous system, including shingles
- Cancer pain
- Pain from sports or work injuries
- Muscle and joint pain
What are Some Techniques to Provide Pain Relief?
To diagnose the source of your pain, our pain management physicians will thoroughly assess your condition based on your individual history. The type of treatments recommended by your physician will depend on the cause and extent of your pain. Based on your diagnosis, your doctor may use a variety of techniques to provide pain relief.
Some of the most common treatments we provide include:
- Recommendation for Physical therapy, activity modification, and weight loss
- Cervical, Thoracic, and Lumbar Spine Epidural Steroid Injections
- Transforaminal Epidural Steroid Injections (Selective nerve root blocks)
- Facet joint injections and Diagnostic Medial Branch Blocks
- Radiofrequency Ablation
- Image guided joint injections (Shoulder, Hip, Knee, Ankle/Foot)
- Lumbar Sympathetic Nerve Blocks
- Stellate Ganglion Blocks
- Kyphoplasty for Vertebral Compression fractures
- Spinal Cord Stimulator Trial and Permanent Implants
- We utilize Fluoroscopic (Xray) imaging during injections to ensure optimal effectiveness and safety
What are Some Medications Used for Pain Management Treatment?
There are multiple types of medication used to treat pain, including over-the-counter and prescribed medications.
- NSAIDs (non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs): Such as ibuprofen, naproxen, and aspirin
- Acetaminophen (Tylenol)
- Antidepressants: Such as Cymbalta
- Anti-seizure medications: Can be used to treat pain related to nerve damage or injury. Examples include Gabapentin and Pregabalin (Lyrica)
- Muscle Relaxers
- Steroids: Such as dexamethasone, prednisone, and methylprednisolone, can reduce inflammation and pain
- Opioids: In certain cases, controlled substances such as Opioids are utilized. These can be an option if other treatments have failed.
Throughout your plan of care, our pain management specialists will educate you and your family about your pain and treatment. We encourage you to be an active participant in your treatment. Our goal is to help you return to the most functional and productive lifestyle possible.