Tallahassee Orthopedic Clinic Welcomes Three Sub-Specialty Trained Orthopedic Doctors
Tallahassee Orthopedic Clinic (TOC) welcomes Dr. David Alvarez, MD., Dr. Christopher Babl, MD., and Dr. Chesley Durgin, MD.
Dr. Alvarez specializes in orthopedic hand and upper extremity surgery. He earned his medical degree from Florida State University College of Medicine, has fellowship training at the University of Mississippi Medical Center in Jackson, Mississippi, and completed his residency at Louisiana State University Health – Shreveport.
Dr. Babl specializes in minimally invasive spine and pain management. He earned his medical degree from the University of Nebraska Medical Center, has fellowship training at the University of Florida (Interventional Pain Management) and completed his residency at the University of Florida in Gainesville, Florida (Anesthesiology).
Dr. Durgin specializes in Adult Reconstruction and Total Joints. He earned his medical degree from the University of Florida, has fellowship training at Florida Orthopedic Institute, and completed his residency at Virginia Commonwealth University.
"We welcome Dr. Alvarez, Dr. Babl, Dr. Durgin and their families to the Tallahassee community.” said Mark Didier, CEO of TOC. "We continue to bring in expert sub-specialty trained doctors to ensure that patients are receiving exceptional orthopedic service and compassionate care.”
About the Tallahassee Orthopedic Clinic and its Foundation
For over 35 years, TOC has provided the highest quality orthopedic and sports medicine care in North Florida and South Georgia. TOC staff include 22 physicians with more than 200 employees, including PA’s, ARNP’s, RN’s, Certified Athletic Trainers, Certified Orthotics and an extensive support team of medical and technical assistants. TOC provides a comprehensive Sports Medicine Program, a Regional Concussion Center, MRI services, an Orthotics and Prosthetics Division, Physical Therapy and an Outpatient Surgery Center.
In the News
- Tallahassee Orthopedic Clinic Welcomes Three Sub-Specialty Trained Orthopedic Doctors
- Welcome, Dr. Babl!
- Welcome, Dr. Porter!
- Tallahassee Orthopedic Clinic Plans New Clinic
- Walk-In Clinic Open 6 Days a Week
- 2017 Martin Shipman Award of Excellence
- 2017 Outstanding Employee of the Year
- TOC Now Has Moved!
- Pediatric Idiopathic Scoliosis Clinic
- Welcome, Dr. Zirgibel!
- TOC Upgrades to New Electronic Medical Records System
- Welcome, Dr. Hewitt!
- Physician Leaving Practice
- TOC Now Change: Same Day Appointments
- Now Offering Complimentary Valet Parking
- Walk-In Clinic, TOC Now Change of Hours
- 2016 Outstanding Employee of the Year Award
- Tobacco and Musculoskeletal Health
- Welcome Dr. Bryant!
- No Regrets
- Concussions: Don’t Let Your Guard Down!
- 2015 Martin Shipman Award of Excellence
- Pain Relief During The Winter
- Ankle Sprains: Preventing and Treating an Injury
- Preparing for the Fall
- Chiles baseball hosts TOC Tournament of Champions
- Leon County, Big Bend Pop Warner Certified by USA Football as a Heads Up Football Program
- Tallahassee Orthopedic Clinic Hires Preeminent Expert in Concussion Management