Observing & Internships
To ensure we are doing all we can to help our patients and employees live well and to protect their health and safety, TOC requires that all personnel, including observers & interns, receive the annual influenza vaccination. Observers/Interns applying to TOC during the flu season (November – March) are required to provide documentation of flu vaccination as part of their completed application packet.
Observations/Shadowing at TOC
Thank you for your interest in observing at Tallahassee Orthopedic Clinic! Due to our high volume of requests, we are unable to place all students or professionals interested in observing at TOC.
- Those interested in observing at TOC are responsible for securing a staff member or physician sponsor with whom they will shadow for this experience. TOC will not provide sponsors for shadowing experiences, nor will we provide contact information for our physicians.
- Once a sponsor has been secured, the Observer Application below should be filled out completely and submitted via email. Incomplete applications will be returned to the applicant without processing. Applications without sponsor information & signature approval are considered incomplete.
- Applications must be received at least 5 business days prior to the requested start date for observation.
- Students interested in observing surgical experiences should contact the individual surgical facility (TMH, CRMC, etc) for approval.
Internships/Clerkships at TOC
TOC has limited availability to place students for internships/clerkships. Those interested in completing such an experience with TOC should complete the application below and attach a brief description of the type of role and/or experience they are seeking (preceptorship for medical school, MA internship, healthcare administration experience, etc).
- Students must receive academic credit through their school or institution of record to be considered for an internship/clerkship experience.
- Students requesting observation only experiences will not be considered for internship opportunities.
- Applications must be received at least 30 days prior to the requested start date.
Completed applications and all required attachments should be emailed to email@example.com. Completion of either application does not guarantee placement with TOC.